As an efficient, alert and dedicated fuel station manager or owner, you are bound to possess several qualities that have helped you stand out. But before we list them and tell you how to top your best performance, let us commend you for your hard work, dedication and achievements. These are not easy times in which to survive. As one of the leading wholesale fuel distributor in Georgia and beyond, we know the “Rest of the Story”: as Paul Harvey would have put it. So here they are:
- The spirit of an entrepreneur
- 360 degree knowledge of the fuel industry
- comprehensive information on the types of fuel available in your local community and region
- The law of the land with regard to legal compliance and employment
The following skills and capabilities will definitely complement these attributes and help you succeed as a fuel station manager while enabling you to take your fuel station to the next level in terms of sales, service, productivity and profitability:
- The ability to interact with your customer community in such a way as to ensure smooth, friendly and profitable transactions
- The ability to take decisions, even during challenging times – you also serve not only as a source of inspiration but also an asset for your team
- The ability to schedule time in such a way that you fulfill your responsibilities in a timely manner
- The ability to prepare budgets and manage payroll without major flaws or errors
- The ability to evaluate a potential employee when you are ready to hire
- The ability to communicate effectively with your vendors, team members, and most importantly, your customers.
The little menu we have shared with you above is based on our experience as a premier petroleum distributors and all points north and south. On a personal note, if you believe that there are other qualities that will spiral your career as a fuel station manager and propel your gasoline station toward enhanced profitability, please let us know in the comment section below.